The Purposes of Life
What is the purpose of Life? This question has probably been asked and debated more than any other. I believe the ultimate Purpose in life is to live a life pleasing to God. Without God, the talk of Purpose is meaningless.
But How do you live a life meaningful to God? Maybe a better question is What are the PURPOSES of Life?
This is the Purpose (with a Capital P) of LIfe. I also believe this purpose could be basically broken down into 5 smaller purposes (lower case p).
The purposes of Life:
1. Your relationship to God and his Son, The First Great commandment is to Love God
2. Your relationship to others (especially your family) The Second Great commandment is to love others as yourself
3. How you handle money. Why did Jesus talk about money more than any other topic? It’s because “Where your heart is, there will your treasure be also” Money matters to God because it shows what we truly value and is a big test and challenge for most people.
4. How you take care of your body. How you take care of your body affects you spiritually as well as physically. You will not be able to fully live your purpose without taking care of your body.
5. Your life’s work. Besides loving, caring for, and ministering to those who are most important to you, what does God want you to accomplish to make this world a better place?
Although I have strong convictions and opinions on the subject of religion and growing closer to God and Jesus Christ, I am not a theologian and that is not the purpose of this blog. Although I spent time training as a Counselor, I am definitely not an expert on relating to others (just ask my wife and kids). You would think I would be better handling money after all the accounting and finance classes I took as well as getting my securities, mortgage and insurance licenses. This blog is going to be about taking care of your body….. ha ha… HA HA HA Everyone who knows me personally is laughing because this is the area I struggle in the most. I have what doctors call “A little bit of a weight problem”- Chris Farley
This blog is about Your Life’s work. I believe that everyone on this earth has a calling that they were sent here to accomplish. There is something that only you can do. If you ignore it or block it, it will never exist in the same way and will be lost forever. You are not an accident. Even if your parents didn’t plan you, God did. You are literally a child of Almighty God. You have a spark of the divine in you. Your gifts, talents, values, and passions have been given to you for a reason.
I have always had this knowing there was something I was supposed to accomplish but had no idea what it was. I spent years beating my head against anything I could find trying to figure out what it was. I want to share what I have learned in the last twenty years of my quest to discover what My Life’s Work Is. My hope is that some of what I learned will you help you in your journey (and I can help prevent some beating of heads)
All the Best,